SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a System Administrator to join its growing team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Applying for a position through the Student Loan Repayment Program? Click here.
About the Position
You can’t be one of the top tech companies without having a strong bunch of system admins.
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- Be a growth agent.
- Perform hardware and software installs, and operating system patching.
- 1st tier troubleshooting of operating system and application problems.
- Expected to work with hardware, software and interact with users remotely and on-site.
- Read and understand simple custom scripts.
- Timely and accurate activity reporting.
- All other assigned tasks.
- Be a growth agent.
- This candidate must have UNIX experience.
- Monitor and maintain server architecture status (uptime, errors)
- Maintain and support company mail server (user setup, mail errors, etc)
- Manage a large number of LAMP-based web application servers
- Maintain and troubleshoot network problems.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot user problems. (local network, local machine setup)
- Setup and maintain user accounts within company network
- Maintain and administer office security system (camera, keyfob entry, alarm system)
- Working knowledge of command line Ubuntu and desktop Windows
- Some development familiarity with PHP
- Computer networking: basic Windows networking, more complex Linux networking
- Common network security software: firewalls and router software
- Bash or other shell script (Powershell, zsh, csh)
- Comfortable working with Linux CLI through SSH
- Experience working with the Apache HTTPD web server and/or nginx
- Familiar with SQL (MySQL, MS SQL, Postgresql, or others)
- Experience with configuration management software (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, network hardware (routers, switches, cabling), firewalls, phones, software deployment, and security updates.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades of hardware and software
- Ensure cost-effective resource usage on an ongoing basis
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and competitive.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- A sense of humor helps too!
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage. Two weeks vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organizational values stress the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
SimplyCast.com is a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide. The company’s multi-channel marketing platform is a feature-rich solution used by thousands of customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries. With thousands of organizations using SimplyCast solutions to automate email, survey, event, voice, SMS, Twitter, fax, Facebook, press release, landing pages and autoresponder marketing needs, they now have the power to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.