Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Specialist
SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Specialist to join its growing team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
About the Position
Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence (AI) and research? Are you looking to tackle a new AI challenge? If so, we are looking for you to join our team!
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard-working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paintball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- Analyze and solve complex research problems in the fields of machine & deep learning.
- Lead machine learning strategy and road map planning.
- Develop machine learning algorithms to advance existing software solutions and to develop new solutions to existing problems.
- Prototype, test, integrate, demonstrate, and deploy software tools necessary to analyze and verify the performance of new algorithms.
- Prepare technical documents and presentations, including external publications and proposals.
- Experience in machine learning, computer vision technology, machine reasoning, natural language processing, or data mining unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments.
- Prior experience in cognitive computing product development is an advantage.
- Proven programming skills to enable rapid prototyping and implementation of solutions.
- Ability to understand business context and integrate cognitive and advanced analytics levers for solutions.
- Ability to articulate and clearly communicate the solution scope, timeline and benefits with clients.
- Experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specifications as well as other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases.
- Strong academic credentials with publications in journals and conferences.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics.
- Experience with white paper style research.
- Practical information gathering experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to present proposed solutions to a technical and business audience.
- Experience in addressing complex research tasks.
- Experience using team logbooks.
- Experience with distributed computing.
- Experience with algorithm design, development, implementation and verification.
- Proficiency with Python, R, Unix & Linux (Intermediate to expert level).
- 3-5 years of relevant employment experience.
- Willingness to learn and exploit new technologies.
- M.Sc./M.Eng. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning or related technical fields.
- Must provide three samples of work – two machine learning white papers and one sample of practical machine learning in a commercial application.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is a leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company’s 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.