SimplyCast, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Business Analyst to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Do you have experience in both information technology and business administration? Do you enjoy being a liaison between the Enterprise and Development Teams while leveraging data? If you answered yes, the SimplyCast Team wants you to join our team.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for collaborating with senior team members who have deep experience in architecture, software testing, and product development. The documentation built by the business analysts will be consumed by other teams within the organization. As a result, the ability to work independently and learn quickly on the job are key criteria that will enable your success.
Benefits of Joining The Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- Four-day work week.
- Elicit business requirements from internal and external clients, holding requirements gathering meetings where necessary
- Analyze the requirements to figure out system needs
- Prepare use cases, information models and functional designs, and lead walkthroughs to validate documentation
- Validate business requirements in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Team
- Work with project team members to determine implementation trade-offs that improve value and reduce cost while respecting the business requirements
- Answer questions raised by business users
- Gather information and compile reports to be presented to the Enterprise Team regarding the growth of SimplyCast
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for SimplyCast
- Consult with the Enterprise and Development Teams on the newest technology and its implications in the industry
- Partner with the Development Team to ensure each project meets specific goals and deadlines
- Evaluate, test, and recommend new opportunities for enhancing SimplyCast’s software, hardware, and IT processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Computer Engineering, Project Management, or related field
- A minimum of 5-years' experience in business analysis or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory position related to information technology
- 10+ years’ experience in technology development and deployment
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with XML, JSON, web services, web APIs
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage. Two weeks vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is a leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company’s 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.