Closing Date – February 28th, 2018 – 5 PM AST.
SimplyCast, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and emergency communication services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
About the Position
Are you a seasoned CFO with IPO experience ready to start a new partnership with SimplyCast’s President & CEO who will value and rely on your insight to scale our growing organization and prepare SimplyCast for an IPO? If so, we want you to join our team.
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff, including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paintball, BBQs, bowling, and rock climbing have been done before.
- Lunch with the CEO and a four-day workweek.
- Maintain the overall control of the company’s finances, accounting, and treasury functions.
- Provide financial planning and related ongoing support to the CEO, COO, and other senior management.
- Provide leadership for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgeting, accounting, taxes, and financial reporting. Play a leading role in defining the company’s financial structure and balance sheet management.
- Interface with and maintain strong relationships with investors, research analysts, and portfolio managers.
- Provide advice on the financial implications of business activities, strategies, and decisions.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Foster and lead a culture that emphasizes accountability and transparency among the finance team and have a strong working relationship with other functional teams.
- Must be a self-starter with strong attention to detail and above average problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial experience combined with strategic planning and analysis experience.
- Ability to build strong relations with clients, vendors, and the team.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
- Outstanding presentation skills, and an ability to professionally and credibly present and sell the company’s value proposition to investors and other key stakeholders.
- Experience in taking a company through an IPO is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years of experience as a CFO, controller, senior finance executive, and/or chief financial officer for a publicly traded company is required.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent is required; MBA and CPA credentials are great to have.
Benefits also include: Top-tier prescription and dental coverage. Two weeks’ vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness, and trust.
SimplyCast is a leading provider of interactive and multi-channel communication software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company’s 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.