Closing Date – February 28th, 2018 – 5 PM AST.
SimplyCast, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
About the Position
Reporting to the President and CEO, the COO will be responsible for maintaining control of diverse business operations and procedures. As SimplyCast’s second in-command, you will be responsible for the efficiency of the company.
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard-working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff, including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling, and rock climbing have been done before.
- Lunch with the CEO and a four-day workweek.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.).
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO on all matters of importance.
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally.
- Develop and implement growth strategies.
- Act as a liaison between SimplyCast and the client for quality assurance.
- Raise capital through banks or outside investors to help foster growth or obtain sales goals.
- Provide mentoring to all employees, including management.
- Motivate staff to meet or surpass organizational and sales goals.
- Coordinate with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees.
- Oversees daily operations and makes adjustments as necessary
- Present new ideas and cashflow strategies to board of directors and other company officers.
- Direct acquisitions and sales of assets to meet organization goals.
- Evaluate newly-implemented sales plans.
- Provide a system for employee salaries and benefits, and make sure employees feel valued.
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role.
- Understanding of business functions such as human resources, finance, marketing, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Working knowledge of IT/business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking & written skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus.
Benefits also include: Top-tier prescription and dental coverage. Two weeks’ vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
SimplyCast is a leading provider of interactive and multi-channel communication software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company’s 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.