Closing Date – February 28th, 2018 – 5 PM AST.
SimplyCast, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Chief Security Officer (CSO) to join its growing team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
About the Position
Are you passionate about creating security policies, conducting security initiatives, and setting security standards? If so, our team wants to meet you!
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard-working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff, including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling, and rock climbing have been done before.
- Lunch with the CEO and a four-day workweek.
- Create security policies such as security policies, security incident response policy, secure software development policy, privacy policies, and account and password policies.
- Conduct security audits and security reviews of software and technology, and investigate security breaches.
- Meet electronic security requirements and set security standards.
- Evaluate third-party products and services for risk and security problems.
- Stay up to date on emerging threat models to IT and property.
- Assist and monitor certification programs that involve security standards.
- Oversee account security for company services.
- Develop training material for security education for all levels of the organization.
- Be the contact person for security concerns.
- Develop security policy violation protocols.
- Evaluate and prioritize security initiatives and concerns.
- Manage physical security systems.
- Perform regular code audits and code review.
- Perform vulnerability scanning of software and IT systems.
- Implementation and development of security solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of information technologies and information security.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills.
- Ability to build strong connections.
- Strong IT and programming/development background.
- Web application development experience.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Experience with software and IT security threats.
- Experience with software development security best practices.
- Experience with software penetration and vulnerability testing.
- Knowledge of operations and risk management.
- Knowledge of fraud prevention.
- Knowledge of privacy laws and privacy protection in multiple jurisdictions.
- Familiar with software security best practices.
- Ability to be flexible and self-sufficient.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, confident and competitive.
- A sense of humor helps too!
- Bachelor’s degree in management or security related field; Master’s degree preferred.
Benefits also include: Top-tier prescription and dental coverage. Two weeks’ vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
SimplyCast is a leading provider of interactive and multi-channel communication software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company’s 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.