SimplyCast, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Compliance Specialist to join our team. This is a remote position.
About the Compliance Specialist Position
As the Compliance Specialist you will be responsible for maintaining various management systems while acting as a scheduler & facilitator for different processes and overseeing the Information Security Management System (ISMS). You will be responsible for providing regular reports to the management team and recommending changes to improve our management systems.
Benefits of Joining the Team
- A culture that is one-of-a-kind.
- A happy team is a hard-working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our team including flexible hours.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Collect reports from the System Administration, HR, Development, and Operations teams which feed into our Compliance Processes.
- Manage Security, Regulatory and Compliance reporting process(s)
- Ensure reports are submitted and reviewed.
- Ensure regular monitoring is occurring on schedule.
- Schedule and enforcing compliance with reporting duties.
- Audit processes to ensure compliance.
- Take action to recommend changes and make updates as necessary.
- Manage regulatory compliance tasks
- Review regulations for current industries related to the organization such as SMS, VoIP & Email.
- Monitor for changes in regulations and market trends.
- Recommend course of action for findings.
- Manage privacy tasks
- Review and verify compliance with privacy regimes.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance.
- Recommend updates to policy and procedure as required.
- Manage training tasks
- Ensure regular scheduling of security training.
- Deliver security training if required.
- Ensure training records are delivered and maintained.
- Maintain training records for employees.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 1 year experience defining and shaping compliance or security programs.
- Experience building, maintaining or improving compliance and/or security programs.
- Ability to translate security concepts into meaningful language for various audiences, including revenue and technical team members.
- Detailed knowledge of common information security management frameworks, regulatory requirements, and applicable standards such as: ISO 27001/2 preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision-making processes at all levels of the organization.
- Experience reporting metrics to management.
- Prior experience working with a SaaS company preferred.
- Passion for transparent compliance programs.
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and standard deliverables.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment and self-motivation.
- Good team player and keen learner, with a commitment to the security industry.
- Excellent business acumen and process-oriented thinking
- Ability to think methodically and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Experience managing challenging situations.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of tools preferred.
Benefits also include: Top-tier prescription and dental coverage.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness, and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.