SimplyCast, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Data Center Operations Manager to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
About the Position
Do you have above average problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where your creativeness can shine? If you answered yes, we want to meet you!
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard-working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff, including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling, and rock climbing have been done before.
- Lunch with the CEO and a four-day workweek.
- Manage and maintain data centers.
- Communicate with specific departments to understand needs of company and client.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective and efficient processes.
- Track issues, and report and manage key metrics.
- Lead data architecture discussion and design, oversee design of the information architecture for the data centers.
- Provide technical leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning to implementation and delivery.
- Collaborate with project managers and business leaders.
- Address data-related problems relating to system integration, compatibility and multiple-platform integration.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
- Work through all stages of the data solution life cycle: analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical, and physical data model designs, provide guidance and analytics solutions.
- Participate in data strategy and roadmap exercises.
- Participate in troubleshooting and performance optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, hands-on, start-up environment.
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with data center infrastructure and project management.
- Experienced in vendor management and negotiations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related technical discipline.
Benefits also include: Top-tier prescription and dental coverage. Two weeks’ vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness, and trust.
SimplyCast is a leading provider of interactive and multi-channel communication software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company’s 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.