SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Digital Copywriter to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- Do you have a passion for the written word?
- Do you enjoy researching and writing about new topics over multiple forms of media?
- Does it physically hurt you when you see “there” and “their” used incorrectly on a website?
If you answered yes to all, SimplyCast is interested in your special skills.
About the Position
The Digital Copywriter is responsible for writing creative marketing copy for SimplyCast’s web properties and marketing initiatives. One day you will be writing a whitepaper on Facebook best practices and the next you will be crunching numbers to see how you can improve email click and open rates. Bottom line: if you love to write, this is the posting for you.
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- Lunch with the CEO and CEO appreciation days.
- Be a growth agent.
- Creating compelling copy for various materials including email newsletters, landing pages, articles, blog posts, whitepaper guides and website content.
- Planning and executing inbound marketing campaigns with a focus on improving the conversions via digital channels.
- Collaborate with graphic designers to develop engaging content pieces to help generate leads and drive traffic to SimplyCast web properties.
- Maintain writing consistency, giving company branding one centralized voice.
- Liaison with sales and business development teams.
- Follow company policies and marketing procedures effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or Writing is preferred.
- Superior writing, communication and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent knowledge of spelling, grammar and AP Style.
- An eye for detail; confidence in proofreading materials for accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with word processing software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Some knowledge of HTML or CSS.
- Ability to take direction and receive constructive criticism aimed at achieving results that will best benefit the company.
- Excellent personal and project management skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, team player.
- Positive attitude, confident and competitive.
- A good sense of humor goes a long way.
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
SimplyCast.com is a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide. The company’s multi-channel marketing platform is a feature-rich solution used by thousands of customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries. With thousands of organizations using SimplyCast solutions to automate email, survey, event, voice, SMS, Twitter, fax, Facebook, press release, landing pages and autoresponder marketing needs, they now have the power to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.