Director of Quality Assurance (QA)
SimplyCast, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Director of Quality Assurance (QA) to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
As the Director of Quality Assurance (QA) you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Quality Assurance Team. The Director of Quality Assurance (QA) will also provide professional and efficient quality service to the QA Manager and other departments while ensuring QA documentation and QA activities are prioritized properly and executed in accordance with required timelines.
Benefits of Joining The Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- Four-day work week.
- Participate in quality management review activities including providing status updates as requested
- Collaborate with the QA Team in the development/revision and implementation of QA policies and procedures as required
- Lead, train, and mentor the Quality Assurance (QA) team
- Participate on-site or global project teams to provide QA guidance and support
- Drive continuous improvement for processes and product quality performance
- Responsible for ensuring SimplyCast’s compliance to regulations, client requirements and SimplyCast’s internal procedures for software testing and validation (STV)
- Assist in the preparation and review of High-Level Estimates (HLEs) with IT/PM to ensure QA timelines forecasted are in sync with the expected required project date completion required
- Assign QA resources for all QA testing and validation activities
- Review & provide input to the Validation Decision Tree (VDT) as submitted to QA for all new projects as well as for any changes to validated systems
- Coordinate with the appropriate IT teams and/or third-party vendors in the refinement of business/user requirements documentation, as well as in the preparation, development, maintenance, and execution of a wide range of complex quality test plans, test cases, and test scripts with full competency of the software testing lifecycle
- Recommend corrective actions to support continuous improvement program
- Oversee and manage the internal audit program; perform supplier audits
- Coordinate and lead all external audits (customer, regulatory, and compliance audits)
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role
- 8+ years of experience in software testing
- 4+ years of software QA management experience leading QA teams
- A track record of testing and delivering a quality product
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies (black box, white box) and test tools
- High level of professionalism when dealing with client sensitive and/or confidential information
- Experience establishing policies and procedures and streamlining processes
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage. Two weeks vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is a leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company’s 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.