SimplyCast, a leading provider of engagement software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Front-End Developer to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
About the Position
Do you enjoy combining the art of design with the art of programming? If so, we want to meet you!
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard-working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike, and bus friendly.
- A kitchen stocked with free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- Four-day work week.
- Design, code, debug, and document high quality web applications.
- Develop new and maintain existing code and unit tests
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Actively engage in code and design reviews with other developers
- Make collaborative UI/UX design decisions
- Follow a customer-first approach to building software
- Work closely with other development and operations team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into production-grade systems
- Participate in the complete lifecycle of product features: inception, design, development, deployment, optimization.
- Be curious and driven to embrace, learn, and apply new technologies and tools
- Ensure user experience determines design choices.
- Develop features to enhance the user experience.
- Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout design.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Ability to strongly voice your opinions, while still actively hearing others
- Self-starter, a quick learner, and adept at turning high-level guidance into action-oriented plans
- Passion for what you do
- Detail-oriented and fantastic organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Foresight to find and fix issues before anyone ever notices something is wrong.
- Experience working with React, Angular, web components, and functional interfaces
- Strong understanding of UX/UI design principles, patterns, and best practices building front-end experiences and prototypes
- Experience working with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Knowledge of best practices in technology, security, software development, and design
- Experience with Git, GitLab (or similar), Terminal, CI/CD
- Familiarity with browser tooling and debugging
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Working knowledge of software design principles and various architectural patterns
- Demonstrated the ability to develop high-quality code adhering to industry best practices (i.e., code review, unit tests, revision control)
- Ability to implement visual elements of the application in accordance with style guidelines
Benefits also include top-tier prescription and dental coverage, two weeks' vacation, and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organizational values stress the importance of diversity, fairness, and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is an ISO 27001-certified, leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company's 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.