Junior Web Developer (Part-time) - Work from Home - Student Employment
Due to funding requirements applicant must be:
- A Canadian Citizen and/or permanent resident
- Full-time student attending university or college
- Able to work a minimum of 10 hours/week
SimplyCast, a leading provider of interactive engagement and communication software for organizations worldwide, is seeking Junior (Jr.) Web Developers to join our team.
About the Position
Maintain software design consistency, aesthetics, and functionality of web application pages, communications systems, and data processing while collaborating with an amazing team!
- Be a growth agent
- Maintain design consistency, aesthetic and functionality of web pages and transaction processing
- Testing and troubleshooting
- Operating system knowledge in Linux and/or Windows - knowledge in Mac an asset
- Effective communications and documentation skills
- Working in a console environment with VIM
- Mobile development experience is an asset
- Server management experience is an asset
- Knowledge of ticket management systems such as Phabricator, Trac, Atlassian or RT
- Experience editing Wikis such as MediaWiki or Phabricator
Nice to Have
- Programming/development experience
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and standard design patterns
- Knowledge of version control such as GIT, SVN, Mercurial or Team Foundation Server
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is an ISO 27001-certified, leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company's 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.