Junior (Jr.) Developer (Canada Summer Jobs 2022)
Canada Summer Jobs 2022 - Position is open to all youth aged 15 to 30 years.
Position starts on May 2nd, 2022 and ends on June 27th, 2022.
SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking Junior (Jr.) Developers (Canada Summer Jobs 2021) to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
About the Position
Maintain software design consistency, aesthetics, and functionality of web application pages, communications systems, and data processing while collaborating with an amazing team!
Benefits of Joining the Team
- A culture that is one-of-a-kind — a happy team is a hard-working team.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates; it keeps us feeling young.
- A social committee that plans virtual events.
- Remote work option.
- Be a growth agent.
- Maintain design consistency, aesthetic and functionality of web pages and transaction processing.
- Test and troubleshoot bug fixes.
- Assist the Quality Assurance (QA) team as required.
- Programming/development experience (Nice-to-have).
- Quality Assurance (QA) experience (Nice-to-have).
- Operating system knowledge in Linux and/or Windows. Knowledge in Mac (Nice-to-have).
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and standard design patterns.
- Effective communications and documentation skills.
- Ability to take natural language requirements and transform them into technical specifications.
- Knowledge of version control such as GIT, SVN, Mercurial or Team Foundation Server.
- Programming experience with functional programming languages, artificial intelligence, queueing systems, C/C++, Node.js, Angular JS, HTML5, Restful APIs, XML, XHTML, AJAX, or JSON.
- Working in a console environment with VIM.
- Knowledge of ticket management systems such as Phabricator, Trac, Atlassian or RT.
- Experience editing Wikis such as MediaWiki or Phabricator.
- Project planning tools for UML design, diagramming, and general project management (Nice-to-have).
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is an ISO 27001-certified, leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company's 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.