Junior (Jr.) Financial Accountant
SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of engagement software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Junior (Jr.) Financial Accountant to join its growing team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
About the Position
The Junior (Jr.) Financial Accountant must have excellent attention to detail and enjoys working with numbers! The candidate must be a team player who is willing to learn and grow with the SimplyCast team.
Benefits of Joining The Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard-working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- Four-day work week.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and month end reporting packages
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analysis of financial data including budget reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting of non-financial data for senior management
- Prepare monthly detailed analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciling of bank accounts and credit cards
- Create journal entries as necessary
- Assist in annual audit preparation and ISMS audits
- Backup for month end closing procedures
- Management of account payable invoice processing
- Monitor status of invoices in approval process
- Cheque and invoice preparation
- Supplier statement reconciliations and vendor follow up
- Open purchase order report and follow-up
- Moderate to complex account reconciliations
- HST remittances
- Complete funding applications
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or equivalent, with a focus in Accounting
- Minimum of 6 months experience in an accounting environment (experience in IT or other professional services environment would be considered an asset)
- Experience using accounting software such as Quickbooks
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- High attention to detail
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the economics of a business
- CPA designation (completed or in progress) considered an asset
- Exceptional problem solving, time management, and analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication including verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with ISO Standard Management
- Supplier management experience
- Market research and competitive analysis experience
- Negotiation and budgeting experience
- Project planning experience
- Experience with ISO standards such as ISO 9001, 27001:2013
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage. Two weeks vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organizational values stress the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is an ISO 27001-certified, leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company's 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.