SimplyCast, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking Junior Developers/Programmers to join its team.
This is a remote position.
About the Position
Maintain software design consistency, aesthetics, and functionality of web application pages, communications systems, and data processing.
Benefits of Joining the Team
- A culture that is one-of-a-kind — a happy team is a hard-working team
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours
- A unique revenue sharing plan — as the company succeeds, so do you
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates; it keeps us feeling young
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth — the office is car, bike and bus friendly for those working from the office.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year: paint ball, BBQs, bowling, rock climbing and virtual events have been done before.
- Be a growth agent.
- Maintain design consistency, aesthetics, and functionality of web application pages.
- Build and maintain communication processing systems.
- Oversee the complete software development life cycle on client-server platforms and internet application architectures.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and resolving software issues.
- Working in a Linux console environment with VIM.
- 1-2 years software development experience.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and standard design patterns.
- Effective technical communications and documentation skills.
- Ability to take natural language requirements and transform them into technical specifications.
- Knowledge of version control such as GIT, SVN, Mercurial or Team Foundation Server.
- Project planning tools for UML design, diagramming, and general project management.
- Operating system knowledge in Linux and Windows. Knowledge in Mac an asset.
- Development experience with functional programming languages, artificial intelligence, queueing systems, C/C++, Node.js, AngularJS, Restful APIs, XML, XHTML, AJAX, or JSON an asset.
- Mobile development experience is an asset.
- Server management experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of ticket and work management systems such as Phabricator, Trac, Atlassian or RT an asset.
- Experience editing Wikis such as MediaWiki or Phabricator an asset.
Benefits also include: Top tier prescription and dental coverage and two weeks' vacation.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness, and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is an ISO 27001-certified, leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company's 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.