SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Secretary to join its growing team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
About the Position
The Secretary will ensure that all clerical and office support functions are addressed for Accounting, Human Resources and the President & CEO.
Benefits of Joining the Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard-working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike, and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your co-worker's butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paintball, BBQs, bowling, and rock climbing have been done before.
- Perform clerical duties including word processing, inventory tracking of supplies, and equipment, report/document preparation and data entry using software such as MS Word, Access, Excel and other designated systems/software.
- Schedule meetings and secure meeting rooms as requested.
- Assist with event planning and social committee office functions.
- Answer inquiries and transmit instructions.
- Greet visitors, staff and the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Determine situation and when necessary, direct person to appropriate staff member and follow up to ensure problem is resolved.
- Prepare outgoing mail; pick-up and distribute incoming mail to appropriate personnel.
- Receive orders/products shipped to department, check contents against packing slip and return verified packing slip to designated staff.
- Maintain appropriate levels of materials and supplies for the office.
- Use equipment such as copier and fax.
- Approve timesheets and prepare service award certificates.
- Research for funding and grant opportunities.
- Maintain office with light cleaning and beverage preparation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with SimplyCast’s policies, procedures and Core Values.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of related experience.
- Some travel required - Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to use computers efficiently (i.e., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, data storage/retrieval, etc.).
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities quickly and efficiently.
- Must possess a friendly professional demeanor and skills in dealing with other staff and members of the community.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must have great organizational skills around systems and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of and abide by rules of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees and vendors.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Proven job diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of proper filing techniques.
- Computer and applicable software skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to stay current on changes in policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects.
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage. Two weeks vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organizational values stress the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is a leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company’s 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.