SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking Developers/Programmers to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
About the Position
Maintain software design consistency, aesthetics, and functionality of web application pages, communications systems, and data processing.
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- Lunch with the CEO and CEO appreciation days.
- Be a growth agent.
- Maintain design consistency, aesthetic and functionality of web pages and transaction processing.
- Oversee the complete software engineering life cycle on client-server platforms and internet application architectures.
- Testing and troubleshooting.
- Programming/development experience.
- Operating system knowledge in Linux and/or Windows. Knowledge in Mac an asset.
- Knowledge of object oriented programming and standard design patterns.
- Effective communications and documentation skills.
- Ability to take natural language requirements and transform them into technical specifications.
- Knowledge of version control such as GIT, SVN, Mercurial or Team Foundation Server.
- Programming experience with functional programming languages, artificial intelligence, queueing systems, C/C++, Node.js, Angular JS, HTML5, Restful APIs, XML, XHTML, AJAX, or JSON.
- Working in a console environment with VIM.
- Mobile development experience is an asset.
- Server management experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of ticket management systems such as Phabricator, Trac, Atlassian or RT.
- Experience editing Wikis such as MediaWiki or Phabricator.
- Project planning tools for UML design, diagramming, and general project management.
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage. Two weeks vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
SimplyCast.com is a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide. The company’s multi-channel marketing platform is a feature-rich solution used by thousands of customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries. With thousands of organizations using SimplyCast solutions to automate email, survey, event, voice, SMS, Twitter, fax, Facebook, press release, landing pages and autoresponder marketing needs, they now have the power to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.