Quality Assurance Specialist (Tester)
SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist (Tester) to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. This is a term contract position.
About the Position
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist (Tester) to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure software product quality.
Benefits of Joining the Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind — a happy team is a hard-working team
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours
- A unique revenue sharing plan — as the company succeeds, so do you
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates; it keeps us feeling young
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth — the office is car, bike and bus friendly
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year: paint ball, BBQs, bowling, and rock climbing have been done before.
- Plan and conduct testing of changes to software products.
- Identify and report software defects.
- Work closely with developers to find solutions to identified defects.
- Develop and write test cases.
- Interpret and review quality assurance standards.
- Create and run automated tests.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of software products to ensure a finished product.
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities.
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues.
- Develop, recommend, and monitor corrective and preventive actions.
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality assurance activities.
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Monitor risk management activities.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality requirements.
- Quality auditing and testing experience.
- Product or industry-specific experience.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of quality assurance.
- Test automation experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Experience with data collection, management, and analysis.
- Experience with problem analysis and problem solving.
- 2+ years of quality assurance experience.
- 1+ years of software testing experience.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with software engineer an asset.
Benefits also include: Top tier prescription and dental coverage, two weeks' vacation, and free parking. Also, four-day work week and flex-time.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness, and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is an ISO 27001-certified, leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company's 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.