SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a UX Designer to join its growing team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
About the Position
Do you have an excellent eye for design? Do you know great web UI when you see it and understand why it is so compelling? If so, we have an exciting career for you.
You need to be a Photoshop ninja, fluent in Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or any other software used to create wireframes. You should have at least a working knowledge of XHTML/CSS and if you can cut up your own comps, even better.
Finally, you should have a solid portfolio of web application designs to showcase. We want to see firsthand that you can build great web interfaces, not just great websites.
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- Lunch with the CEO and CEO appreciation days.
- Be a growth agent.
- Develop ambitious, dynamic user interfaces in HTML5 that enable our customers to deal with complex data in an intuitive and appealing manner.
- Analyze functional requirements and specifications in collaboration with Product Management.
- Contribute to product design and architectural decisions
- Develop product concepts and suggest product direction based on design research and functional analysis.
- Partner with engineering on the implementation of interactive techniques and technologies.
- Conduct U/X research and plan visual design enhancements.
- Create documentation for architectural, design, implementation and test activities.
- Follow company policies and marketing procedures effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years experience implementing user interfaces.
- Strong communication skills; spoken and written English required.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude, confident and competitive.
- Ability to be flexible and self sufficient.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- A good sense of humor goes a long way.
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage. Two weeks vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast.com is a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide. The company’s multi-channel marketing platform is a feature-rich solution used by thousands of customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries. With thousands of organizations using SimplyCast solutions to automate email, survey, event, voice, SMS, Twitter, fax, Facebook, press release, landing pages and autoresponder marketing needs, they now have the power to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.