SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a UX/UI Designer to join its growing team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
About the Position
Do you have an excellent eye for design? Do you know great web UI when you see it and understand why it is so compelling? If so, we have an exciting career for you.
You need to be a Photoshop ninja, fluent in Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or any other software used to create wireframes. You should have at least a working knowledge of XHTML/CSS and if you can cut up your own comps, even better.
Finally, you should have a solid portfolio of web application designs to showcase. We want to see firsthand that you can build great web interfaces, not just great websites.
Benefits of Joining the Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard-working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike, and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your co-worker's butt in a game of Foosball.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paintball, BBQs, bowling, and rock climbing have been done before.
- Be a growth agent.
- Develop ambitious, dynamic user interfaces that enable our customers to deal with complex data in an intuitive and appealing manner.
- Analyze functional requirements and specifications in collaboration with Product Management.
- Contribute to product design and architectural decisions.
- Develop product concepts and suggest product direction based on design research and functional analysis.
- Partner with engineering on the implementation of interactive techniques and technologies.
- Conduct U/X research and plan visual design enhancements.
- Create documentation for architectural, design, implementation and test activities.
- Follow company policies and marketing procedures effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years’ experience implementing user interface and user experience design.
- 1+ years’ experience in solution wireframing, storyboarding and information architecture.
- 1-2 years of professional hands-on experience using Sketch, Illustrator or similar product.
- Experience working with InVision or similar software for prototype testing.
- Previous work experience with Lean UI/UX, Agile processes, and development.
- Well-rounded knowledge of basic design concepts including typography, layout, color theory, illustration, iconography, and UI/UX best practices (specifically pertaining to responsive/adaptive interfaces).
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience with a focus on customer facing web product.
- Proficient in transforming requirements, direction, and feedback into design solutions.
- Ability to scope initiatives accurately, prioritize tasks appropriately, and communicate progress with the team.
- Comfortable working and collaborating with technical, product, marketing, and sales teams.
- Deep aesthetic sense and conceptual skills.
- Strong communication skills; spoken and written English required.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A degree or college diploma in visual design, and/or a specialization in user interface or user experience design.
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage. Two weeks vacation and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organizational values stress the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimplyCast is a leading provider of interactive and multi-channel engagement software for organizations worldwide. Providing both emergency and non-emergency communication technology, SimplyCast offers 20+ communication tools and channels to help organizations maximize their efficiency. The company’s 360 Customer Flow Communication Platform is a feature-rich solution combining marketing automation, inbound marketing, and interactive communication. With customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries, SimplyCast provides organizations the ability to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.