SimplyCast.com, a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide, is seeking a Web Application UI Designer to join its team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Applications are now open.
About the Position
The Web Application UI Designer would work closely with application developers and business development in order to design and implement user-friendly websites and web applications.
Benefits of Joining Team
- An office culture that is one-of-a-kind. A happy team is a hard working team.
- High focus on the health and wellness of our staff including flexible hours.
- A unique revenue sharing plan. As the company succeeds, so do you.
- Competitive salaries and accelerated promotions for those who go above and beyond.
- Dedication to hiring students and new graduates. It keeps us feeling young.
- Working in the heart of Silicon Dartmouth. The office is car, bike and bus friendly.
- A kitchen that is stocked with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We also provide snacks.
- Getting the chance to kick your coworker’s butt in a game of Foosball.
- Lunch with the CEO and CEO appreciation days.
- A social committee that plans 3-4 fun events every year. Paint ball, BBQs, bowling and rock climbing have been done before.
- As a member of the business development team, you will also be earning commission on all sales in addition to a competitive base salary, with uncapped earning potential.
- You may recommend a vertical for our business based on your unique skills and background.
- Expert HTML5 (familiarity with DOM/CSS interactions, working knowledge of all common elements and browser compatibility).
- Expert CSS3 (knowledge of CSS3 selectors and browser selective hacks).
- Intermediate JQuery experience (or equivalent).
- Intermediate Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite (must be able to create/edit web ready graphics).
- Novice (or better) PHP (at least some experience modifying PHP scripts).
- Excellent teamwork and two-way communication to work with application developers in order to create a functional and easy-to-use web application.
- Comprehensive knowledge of usability best practices and user testing.
Additional Useful Skills
- Familiarity with common Linux CLI tools (vim, screen, bash).
- Flash familiarity.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong planning skills.
- SEO/Marketing experience.
- Positive attitude, confident and competitive.
- A good sense of humor goes a long way.
- Please provide the URL of any sample websites that you have worked on.
Benefits also include: Top tier Prescription and Dental coverage and free parking.
SimplyCast is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization values the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
SimplyCast.com is a leading provider of interactive marketing software and services for organizations worldwide. The company’s multi-channel marketing platform is a feature-rich solution used by thousands of customers in over 175 countries, including many of the most recognized brand names around the globe in retail, non-profit and hospitality industries. With thousands of organizations using SimplyCast solutions to automate email, survey, event, voice, SMS, Twitter, fax, Facebook, press release, landing pages and autoresponder marketing needs, they now have the power to effectively reach customers on their preferred mode of communication.