This post is straight from our friendly Compliance team. If you want better deliverability (and we know you do), this is a must read.
DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) is a method of authentication which verifies the validity of an email.
You may be wondering how DKIM benefits you when sending an email using SimplyCast's Interactive Marketing Service?
The first question is, have you ever had trouble sending to ISPs such as Gmail and Yahoo? If the answer is yes, you should know that these ISPs, as well as many others, look for authentication methods, such as DKIM (as well as Domain Keys, SPF and Sender ID) to verify the validity of your mail. This is key in the decision process of whether to deliver to the inbox, junk folder or not at all.
Having DKIM authentication improves reputation and increases the amount of mail being delivered to your recipients.
As a legitimate sender, when sending mail on an IP signed by DKIM you will observe benefits, such as:
- Increased deliverability to ISPs such as Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Cox, Comcast, Earthlink, FastMail, and many more.
- Higher open rates due to more ISPs accepting the mail you are sending.
- Increased sender reputation.
- Increased amount of mail going to the inbox rather than junk folders.
- Increased ROI (return on investment).
- Overall higher deliverability rates.
Want to know more about DKIM and how it affects your deliverability? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.