How can I insert a video link in my email?
There are several options for including a video to your email marketing, most commonly through a video hyperlink. You can insert a link to a video by creating a hyperlink to it, or you can add the video's embed code to the HTML view to enhance your email marketing.
How to create a link for a video in an email
You are able to link videos, websites, and attachments to your email within the SimplyCast platform. Within the Email Editor you can do this a couple of ways: either by using the Video Block element or by creating a hyperlink over a piece of selected text.
Adding a video using the Video Block element
To add a Video Block to your email, click and drag the icon located to the left of your screen into the email. When you begin to drag the video block over, the different sections of the email (Preheader, Header, Footer, etc.) will be highlighted so you can determine into which section to place the new video block.
When you place a video element into your email, you will be presented with the video block element option in a pop-up window you can choose to add.
When a new video block has been placed in your email by selecting it from the window and clicking the green Add Element button (or if you select an existing element in your email) you are able to customize various settings in the right-hand Video Settings and Element Styling menu.
In the Video Settings, menu you can choose the video to include in the email. Enter the URL for the video you wish to add to the email in the Video URL field.
Adding a video as a hyperlink
To add a link to a video within the text body of an email, you must create a hyperlink to it. This can be done by doing the following:
- Highlight the text you want the recipient to be able to click on.
- Click on the Link button in the text editor toolbar. This icon looks like a chain link.
- Choose the Insert Link option from the dropdown menu that appears.
- A new pop-up window will appear where you can insert the video URL to direct email recipients to once they click on the link.
- In the field below the URL field, modify the linked text if you like.
- Check off the checkbox in this window if you do not want the system to track the link clicks, opens, or other engagements.
- Click Insert to add the hyperlink or click Cancel to close the window without adding a hyperlink to your email.
- To remove a hyperlink from a piece of text, highlight the hyperlinked text, click the Link option, and then Unlink. In the address field, type in or copy and paste the link to the video.
Still unsure about how to create a link for a video in your email? Click the button below to sign up for a demo of SimplyCast's Email Editor!