How do I install Salesforce?
Connecting your SimplyCast account with Salesforce is simple.
What you need:
- A valid Salesforce account
- Your username and password for the account
- Your Salesforce security token (Click here for more information about Salesforce security tokens)
1. Login to your SimplyCast account and go to the integration marketplace located here: https://app.simplycast.com/?q=integrations#/marketplace.2. Select the Salesforce integration and click Install.3. Enter the configuration information and click Save.
- My Integration Label: This is what you would like this integration to be called
- Username: Your Salesforce username
- Password: Your Salesforce password
- Security Token: Your Salesforce security token
4. Select Create under the Active Connections section. Give your connection a name and select the type of connection you would like it to be. Click Create to create the connection.5. Configure your connection and select the processing interval (how often synchronization tasks occur). Name the list where you would like the contacts to be placed (A new list is created for each connection. You cannot choose an existing list).6. Configure your field mapping for the connection.
- Source Columns: These are the fields coming from Salesforce
- Data Flow: This is a visual representation of how your data is synchronizing
- SimplyCast Columns: These are the fields in the SimplyCast CRM
- Synchronization Type: This is how you want the data to synchronize
- Ignore: Do nothing on either end with the data
- Synchronize: Push data both ways from Salesforce to SimplyCast and vice versa
- Import Only: Only bring data from Salesforce to update SimplyCast
- Export Only: Only send data from SimplyCast to update Salesforce
7. Click Save to save your synchronization configuration.8. Return back to the integration. You will notice that your connection is inactive.9. Select the connection you have just created and click Enable. Your connection should now show as active.
* Please note that Salesforce has required fields for the different connections. If you do not give these fields values inside of SimplyCast and bidirectional syncing is turned on, you will see "undefined" in Salesforce for those fields. The required fields are as follows:
- Account - Account name
- Contact - Last name
- Lead - Last name, company, lead status (this will show as Open - not contacted)