How do I know if people are receiving my SMS notification?
If you’re unsure if the SMS notification you send out is reaching your contacts, or if it is reaching those you want it to, it can be quite annoying. Even more so when it is an important SMS message. With the use of SimplyCast’s no-code SMS tool , delivery is very easy to test. You can preview you SMS notification by going to the right of the Setup Message section in the application. You will see the Preview SMS section where you are able to preview how your SMS message will look on a mobile phone. You will see a simulation of a phone with a blank screen and two dropdown menus: Select List and Select Contact from List (the latter will only appear once you have chosen a list).
To preview your SMS message:
- In order for the preview of the SMS message to appear, you must first select a contact. Do this by selecting one of your contact lists from the Select List dropdown menu, then choosing a contact in that list from the Select Contact from List dropdown menu.
- Once you have selected a contact, the phone simulation will refresh and display the SMS message. This preview will include merge tags so you can see how the merge tag will look using the selected contact’s information.
It is also possible to see who the SMS notification was sent to, who it failed to send to, and who responded to it. The Fails section in the SMS pcampaign report displays the contact information pertaining to the messages that failed to send as part of your SMS project. The section is broken down into six columns of information:
- Name: The name of the particular contact who the SMS message failed to send to
- Message: The content of the message
- Queued Time: The date and time the SMS message was queued to send to the contact
- List: The list the contact belongs to
- Sending Phone: The outgoing phone number that was selected automatically for sending the project
- Recipient Phone: The phone number of the contact the SMS message failed to send to
With SMS, contacts can easily confirm their receipt of your notification by replying to the text message with a designated keyword, assuring system administrators their message has reached its target. This will help allow you to better review what went wrong, allowing you to be able to easily fix it. If you are interested, or would like more information, click here to get in contact with one of our sales team members and they will be happy to assist you in any way. Or if you would like to see how the tool works, click on the button below to request a demo!