How do I send an email?
To send an Email Campaign, go to the Email application and select the Dashboard from the email menu (or select the more tab and choose Email).
Once you've arrived at the email dashboard, look for your project and click on the Schedule button. If you have not created a project yet, you can use the Create Project button to create a project. As you follow the steps during project creation, you'll eventually arrive on the Schedule page.
Now that you have arrived on the Schedule page, you can select from three scheduling methods:
- Send your campaign now - Choose this option to send immediately.
- Schedule for a later time - This button allows you to specify a specific date and time, as well as time zone.
- Set a recurring campaign - Use this sending option to re-send this campaign at regular intervals such as daily, weekly, monthly, and more. Note: editing the message content after scheduling will not reflect changes you have made in recurring campaigns. Recurring campaigns only use the content present in the email at the time you schedule it.
Once you've decided when you want to send your campaign, you'll need to fill out the following information:
- Subject - The subject line your recipient will see in their email program.
- Sender Name - The "From:" name your recipient will see in their email program (some email programs display the Sender Email Address instead or both of them).
- Sender Email Address - This is the email address used to send your campaign.
- Reply to Email Address (optional) - Check this box and select an alternate email if you want replies to your message to go to a different email address. By default, people will be able to reply to your Sender Email Address.
- Add Merge Tags to your Subject - Use this drop-down list if you want to merge information from your list, such as a name, to the subject of your email.
You can also choose optional features for Social Media. Here is a breakdown of each:
- Auto-Post to Twitter - This option allows you to post a link to Twitter so your followers can view a web-version of your email.
- Auto-Post to LinkedIn - This option allows you to post a link to LinkedIn so your contacts can view a web-version of your message.
- Auto-Post to Facebook - This option allows you to post a message to Facebook. You can enter a title for the message, caption, image, and description. We include a link to the email content in your post. You can also use the Geo-Targeting option to only display this information to users who live in a particular region. Enabling Facebook Comments allows Facebook users to make comments about your post, and is also optional.
After you have entered the information for the campaign and have chosen options for Social Media and Google Analytics you need to Choose Lists for your campaign. This is done by selecting any number of available lists in your account by checking each one. If you don't have a list, use the Edit/Upload Lists button to access the List Management application to create one.Note: If you select multiple lists as part of the same campaign our system does not send duplicate emails. We automatically merge data if multiple lists are selected.
Once your lists are selected, click on the Next button to continue.
You will arrive on the Review Checklist page. This page displays an overview of different elements that are part of your campaign, such as Setup and Design, Scheduling, Authentication, and Usage. There are three icons that can appear for each item these are:
- Green Check Box Icon - This means the item is fine and there are no changes needed.
- Yellow Exclamation Mark Icon - This indicates there is a potential issue or warning. You can confirm sends with exclamation marks.
- Red 'x' Icon - This indicates a major problem that needs to be corrected. The problem must be resolved before the campaign can be scheduled.
Each of these different elements has an Edit button located to the right. Use these buttons to make adjustments quickly when necessary.
To complete the scheduling process, click on the Complete Project button.