How do I send my fax campaign?
To create your fax campaign, look for the Fax tab at the top of the page and select Dashboard. If the Fax tab is not visible, you can access the Fax Application Dashboard by clicking on the More tab and selecting Fax from the menu.
Click on the Create Project button to create your Fax. Enter a name for your fax on the left and click on the Next button to continue.
The design page allows you to create fax content. There are three different types of fax content you can add to your campaign, and you can add multiple types of content to the same fax campaign. Here is an overview of each type:
- PDF Document - This option allows you to upload a PDF file to our system or select from an already uploaded HTML document.
- Cover Page - This option inserts a fax cover page that you can edit.
- HTML Document - This option inserts an HTML document that you can modify. This is useful if you want to compose your fax content using our system.
Inserting a document in your fax:
To insert a document in your fax project, click on one of the document types listed above and drag it to the grey area below. Once you have dragged and dropped a document type, our system will prompt you to upload or select a PDF file, or edit the content.
As soon as you drag and drop a PDF Document, you are presented with a list of uploaded files. If you don't have any files, or you want to upload a new file, click on the Upload button at the top of the page to select and upload your file. Once your file has been uploaded, double-click on it to insert it in your fax.
Cover Page / HTML Document:
When you drag and drop the cover page or HTML document elements the system you will see a small page labeled "Cover Page" or "HTML Document". To edit the content of these documents, move your mouse over the desired document and click on the paint brush icon. This will load the message editor where you can compose and edit the document.
To delete a document, move your mouse over it and click on the trash can icon.
To view a preview of an individual document, move your mouse over it and click on the magnifying glass icon.
If you would like to preview the entire fax campaign, click on theÂ Preview Campaign button.
When you are satisfied with your fax content, click on the Next button.
Now that the content is ready we need to schedule it. You can choose from three different scheduling options:
- Send Now - This option is the default and sets a fax campaign to start sending immediately.
- Schedule - Select this option to schedule your campaign to send on a specific date and time.
- Sending Restrictions (optional)Â - This option allows you toÂ restrict fax sending to specific times of day and days of the week.
Once you have selected your sending method, make sure you fill out the following information on the left of the page:
- Sender Name - This is the name of the sender that will appear on the fax. Use your company name, for example.
- TSID - This the number that will appear on the fax. This is known as the Transmitting Subscriber Identifier.
- Retry Limit - This is the number of times our system will re-try fax delivery.
Once you have filled these fields, you need to choose your lists. This is done by selecting one or more fax lists in the Choose Lists section. Click on the checkboxes to the left of the list names to select them.
If you wish to set additional sending registrations before you schedule the campaign, look for theÂ Sending Restrictions section. Move the slider to Advanced to enable this feature. Once enabled, you can further restrict when your campaigns will be sent.
Note: Sending restrictions work best on very large fax campaigns to stop them from sending on certain days of the week and times of the day. For example, you may not want faxes to be sent outside of business hours or on the weekend.
The following sending restrictions are available:
- Time of day - Use this option to restrict the time of day the fax campaign will be sent.
- Days of the week - Select the days the system will send the campaign.
Once you have selected your fax settings, click on the Next button to continue.
The review checklist page displays an overview of items from your fax campaign. There are three status types that can appear:
- Green Check Box - This icon indicates the step is complete, you do not need to do anything further.
- Yellow Exclamation Mark - These icons represent a warning of a potential issue you should address.
- Red 'x' Icon - This indicates a problem with the fax that must be resolved before you may proceed.
Once these settings have been reviewed, use the Complete Project button to schedule and complete your fax campaign.