How do I set up Google Analytics with my campaign?
To set up Google Analytics in your email campaign to track click data, go to the Email Dashboard and use the Schedule button to set up a mailing.
On the scheduling page, look for the Google Analytics section. From here, do the following:
- Check the Enable Google Analytics check box to enable this feature.
- Enter the Campaign Name. This name is used in the Campaigns section of Google Analytics.
When you include tracking links in your campaign we can tell you who clicks, and how many clicks you have; however, we can expand this campaign further in Google Analytics by including:
- Campaign Name - This is the Campaign Name you enter on the Scheduling page when you enabled this feature.
- Medium - This is set to "Email" for the type of campaign sent
- Project Name - This is the name of the project in your account
These additional parameters are added to the tracking links so Google Analytics can track this information.How do I find it?
Once the campaign is sent, you need to log in to Google Analytics. You can find this information by doing the following:
- Go to Acquisitions
- Look for the Campaign section
Google Analytics allows you to sort by Dimensions. This allows you to change how the information is displayed.