How do you set decision conditions for the Decision element?
- In the Decision Conditions field, click the blue Settings button. This will cause a sidebar to appear.
- Click the blue Add First Decision Condition button located at the top of the sidebar.
- A field will appear where you are asked to choose one of two data sources (where the system will pull the decision information from).
- Contact: This option refers to any basic information found in the columns of a contact's profile in the CRM.
- Contact Interaction Data: This option refers to any recorded actions a contact has taken, such as how they interact with campaigns and the content within them (links, clicks, score etc.).
- If you have chosen Contact as your data source, a new field will appear to the right of the Data Source field where you must choose the CRM field the system will pull the necessary information from to determine the path the contact should follow in your campaign.
- Alternatively, if you have chosen Contact Interaction Data as your data source, a new field will appear to the right of the Data Source field where you are asked to choose the CRM field the system will pull the necessary information from to determine the path the contact should follow in your workflow.
- Once you have chosen either the data type for your Contact data source or the CRM field for your Contact Interaction Data source, another field will appear to the right of the others where you are asked to choose a means of comparison.
- After you have selected your means of comparison from the dropdown, a final field will appear at the far right of the window. In this field, you are able to type in the value you would like the system to look for when determining which path the contact should take in the workflow. Type in your desired value in this text field.
- You can also create additional decision conditions by using the And and Or buttons. Choosing "And" will cause the decision process to look at both of these conditions and only send the contact down this particular path in the workflow if they meet the parameters of both fieldsets. On the other hand, choosing "Or" will cause the decision process to look at the multiple conditions and if at least one of them applies to the contact, they will be sent down this particular path in the workflow.
- Create as many conditions as you like by continuing to click the "And" or "Or" buttons and click the blue Confirm button at the bottom left of the Decision Settings sidebar. Or, click Cancel to close the sidebar without creating a decision.