Email Dedicated Server
An email dedicated server is all about increased sender reputation as well. When making the switch to a new IP, unfortunately, you are unable to take your sender reputation with you. Below are some tips to build up your sender score.
- If you send large amounts of emails, start by sending 15,000/day maximum and slowly increase that total over 3-6months.
- Include opt-ins or better yet, double opt-ins.
- Aggressively handle opt-outs.
- Keep your lists clean. SimplyCast's system will take care of hard bounces for you but you should also clean your lists on a regular basis.
- Don't surprise your customers. If they expect an email from you every month don't start sending them one every day (make sure they opt-in to receive an increase in mail from you).
- Have a good subject line that stays away from using capital letters, explanation marks, and words such as FREE, consolidate, earn, etc.
- Consider sending text-only emails to get high open rates to start. If you are sending emails with images your open rate can be falsely represented if a recipient doesn't click "show images."
You control the reputation of your IP. As long as you follow best practices by sending legitimate emails, cleaning your lists and avoiding complaints, you have nothing to worry about.