Making sure your contacts have opted-in to receive communications from you is vital to maintaining a good online reputation. SimplyCast stores the data in its CRM about the date each contact opts in, to help you ensure you have that information accessible to you whenever it is needed.
Sometimes, you may need to sort your contacts by the date on which they opted in, either to make sure that you are only sending messages to the relevant people (e.g. only those who have opted in within the last year), or to remove those contacts from the CRM whose opt-ins have expired in the case of implied consent.
There are two ways in the SimplyCast platform to view on which date contacts have opted in, depending on how they have done so.
#1 - View form submissions within a date range
If your contacts have opted in through a SimplyCast signup form, you are able to see the date someone submitted the form in the Form Reports section of the platform.
To do this:
- Click on Form Builder option in the Applications dropdown menu.
- Select Reports from the left-hand menu.
- Scroll until you find the relevant form project (or search using the search bar at the top right of the page).
- Open the report and download the All Results section as an Excel or CSV file.
- Open the downloaded file and sort by submission date.
#2 - Filter contacts using the CRM's Search Contacts tool
If you would like to filter out contacts on a specifc list who have opted in before or after a specifc date, you can do this using the Search Contacts tool located in the SimplyCast CRM.
To do this:
- Click on the CRM option in the Applications dropdown menu.
- Select Search Contacts from the left-hand menu.
- Select the list(s) you wish to filter contacts from in the "Search Lists" field and click the Add button for each one.
- In the "Date Column" field set, select the "created" option from the Column field.
- Select "before" or "after" from the dropdown menu in the next field.
- Select the appropirate date value from the date picker in the last field.
- Click the Add button to add the condition to the filter.
- Choose what you would like to do with the results from the dropdown menu (e.g. Show me results, Replace list contents, Export file, etc.).
- Click Go to filter the selected contact list(s) according to the created conditions.