The most important feature of Twitter marketing automation is making sure you don't have to remember to post certain details like recurring dates and notices. When you post a message, you can set recurring tweets, so that message will post again without you having to enter it again. Set it and forget it as they say. This can be good for first of the month notices or birthdays or even bi-weekly updates. You choose the frequency and the software does the rest. Keep in mind that if your recurring tweets frequency is high (i.e. daily), it would be best practice to add other posts into the mix. Otherwise your feed will look stale and full of repeating information, which in turn will make your posts seem super automated.
Want to see the Twitter automation tool in action? Sign up for a demo below.
HOW TO USE:
When creating a Twitter post in the SimplyCast Twitter automation tool, one of the advanced setup options is called "Repeat Interval." This is where you choose if and how often you want a tweet to repeat. Your options from the dropdown menu are none, daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and bi-monthly. Set recurring tweets by selecting an option for how often you wish the tweet to be repeated. Once these settings are saved and published, you can change them at any time.
To create a repeating tweet in SimplyCast:
- Choose either Custom or Fixed from the Repeat Interval field. By default, this field is set to “Never” so theâ€¯tweet will not repeat unless one of the other options is chosen.
- If you want the tweet to repeat on a fixed schedule, meaning at the same time at a set interval, chooseâ€¯Fixed.
- A new field will now appear where you need toâ€¯select your “fixed” repeating interval. Use theâ€¯dropdown where it says “Hours” to choose fromâ€¯either hours, day, week, or month as your interval.
- You can then select the number of hours, days,â€¯weeks, or months by sliding the blue button toâ€¯the left, or entering in the exact number in theâ€¯field where it says “1.”
For example, if you wanted to have theâ€¯tweet repeat every two weeks, you would choose “Week” from the dropdown menu and change the “1” to “2.” Your tweet would then post every two weeks from the original date/time it was scheduled.
- If you want the tweet to be repeated on a custom schedule, meaningâ€¯at the specified time, either on a weekly or monthly basis, chooseâ€¯Custom.
- Next, you will need to choose either Week or Month from theâ€¯Interval field that appears.
- If you want your tweet to repeat on a weekly interval, chooseâ€¯Week. You will now have to select which day of the week youâ€¯want it to repeat on from the Days of the Week option below.
- You can choose from day of the week (Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thu,â€¯Fri, or Sat), or you can choose “All,” which will post every day ofâ€¯the week.
- If you want your tweet to be repeated monthly, choose Month from the Interval field.
- A new field will now appear called “On the.” This field givesâ€¯you the option to select when each month you want yourâ€¯tweet to be repeated. You have options from the first allâ€¯the way to the twelfth. After that, you can also chooseâ€¯Next, Last, Previous, and This. These final four optionsâ€¯schedule the tweet to repeat in relation to the originallyâ€¯scheduled time.
Now that you know more about how easy it is to set recurring tweets in SimplyCast, click the button below to request a demo of the SimplyCast Twitter application!