In Part 2 of this series, we're going to tackle what to do (and not!) after the launch of your email marketing campaign.
One of the most critical and often overlooked tactics is to assume that your email marketing campaign is self-sufficient and self-sustaining. Just like any other strategy, it needs to be babied, cared for and maintained. Leaving it be may work in the beginning, but without supervision, you'll lose all of the ground you've gained.
Customers become dissatisfied and inactive. Your conversion rate drops along with referrals and new subscriber sign-ups.
After you've done your due diligence in setting up and establishing an email marketing strategy, frankly, it's a waste of your time and investment.
The Do's of Starting an Email Marketing Campaign
1. Create a "Thank You for Signing Up" autoresponder.
3. Be engaged and enthusiastic every time a new email goes out.
4. Continue to build trust and rapport with your subscribers.
5. Maintain and grow affiliate relationships.
6. Listen to what your customers are saying (or not!).
7. Keep your content fresh and snappy.
8. Test each change to your email marketing campaign before sending.
The Don'ts of Starting an Email Marketing Campaign
1. Forget to clean and purge your subscriber list.
2. Forget to reward your loyal subscribers with special offers.
3. Fail to analyze data at all.
4. Ignore what your data says.
5. Become stale and forgettable.
6. Ignore what your competitors are doing with their email campaigns.
7. Disregard the importance of updating your email marketing software systems.
8. Let your landing pages and directed links fail into disrepair.
There you have it, more tips on what to do and not to do when starting an email marketing campaign. Did you miss Part 1 of this series? Read Starting an Email Marketing Campaign: The Do's and Don'ts Part 1 for even more help and advice.
Would you like a free demo of SimplyCast's email marketing solution? Give our sales team a call today at 1.877.312.4979 to arrange a time that is best for you.