3 min read
Top Three SMS Marketing Campaigns You Need to Try Now
SMS marketing has been steadily growing in popularity over the last number of years. As the use of smartphones and cellphones increased, so did this communication channel. With SMS, you can communicate directly with your audience through a device that is never far away. So, with SMS marketing, you can do the same thing with the messages your organization wants to distribute.
Whether you're new to SMS marketing or just looking for new ideas, here are our top three SMS marketing campaigns that are sure to drive traffic and increase engagement with your brand.
Offer Flash Coupons
Everyone likes to be treated like a VIP so extend this feeling to your SMS audience. Offer them exclusive coupons directly to their phones — coupons that cannot be found in store. This creates a sense of exclusivity but for an added push, set an expiry date in the near future. This creates a sense of urgency and encourages contacts to act fast to take advantage of their exclusive offer.
Here are a few ideas you can use in your flash coupon SMS marketing campaign:
- New, exclusive offer! Come visit us before July 1st and get $5 off your order! Text STOP to halt msgs.
- Save the tax all day today! For SMS subscribers only! Text STOP to halt msgs.
- Beat the heat with our exclusive summer deals! BOGO on all shoes until Wednesday! Text STOP to halt msgs.
You'll notice that all of the examples include "Text STOP to halt msgs." This is very important to include to ensure that you are staying compliant with CASL and CAN-SPAM laws and legislation. You can learn more about this very important topic by referring to this article.
Send Appointment Reminders
When people make appointment weeks of even months in advance, it's possible that with hectic schedules, they date could slip their mind. Help your clients remember upcoming appointments and save your organization from wasting time by sending appointment reminders via SMS. You can even get your recipients to confirm their appointment by having them reply to the text message.
Here are a few ideas you can use for SMS appointment reminders:
- Hi NAME, don't forget about your appointment tomorrow at our office. Reply YES to confirm your appointment. Text STOP to halt msgs.
- You're scheduled for an appointment tomorrow at 3:00pm. Please call if you are unable to make it. Text STOP to halt msgs.
- Please confirm your appointment for Tuesday at 9am by replying CONFIRM. Text STOP to halt msgs.
You'll see again that "Text STOP to halt msgs" is included in these messages as well to ensure compliance with commercial SMS marketing messages.
Redirect Readers to Your Emails
With SMS marketing, you are limited to fewer characters than with email marketing. If there's long form content you wish to share with your contacts but cannot do it through SMS marketing, send them a text telling them to check their email. Since SMS messages have a higher open rate than emails, sending them a reminder through a channel they are more likely to see (SMS) will help increase your email open rate! Simply send your email as planned and then send an SMS message within 24 hours to boost your email.
Here are a few ideas you can use to encourage people to open their emails:
- Hope you didn't miss our newsletter! If you did, it's in your inbox. Check it out for exclusive news & contests. Text STOP to halt msgs.
- Want the latest scoop? Check your inbox for the latest news, promos, and content. Text STOP to halt msgs.
- Reminder: we sent you an email yesterday. Check your email and let us know what you think! Text STOP to halt msgs.
As with all other messages, "Text STOP to halt msgs" is included because compliance is important no matter what type of message you are sending your contacts.
If you're looking for a way to make your SMS marketing easier, SimplyCast has the answer. Use SMS marketing automation to streamline your campaigns, automate the process, and increase efficiency. If you'd like to see what marketing automation can do for you, sign up for a 14-day free trial. And, if you'd like to explore SMS marketing, visit this page.